• Evaluate the risk and exposure of potential clients, determine the acceptance of applications, and recommend appropriate coverage levels and pricing.
• Review and analyze data such as financial condition, health status, occupation, and property value to determine risk involved in insuring a potential client.
• Work closely with brokers and agents to cultivate strong professional relationships.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance markets, products, and emerging risk trends.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, underwriting guidelines, and industry regulations.
• Collaborate with other departments such as claims and legal to ensure smooth operations.
• Continually assess the effectiveness of underwriting tools and processes and suggest improvements when necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on data analysis and business knowledge.
• Knowledge of basic insurance principles and practices.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Previous experience in the insurance industry, particularly in underwriting, is a plus.
• Strong negotiation skills to effectively manage relationships with brokers and agents.
• Familiarity with risk assessment tools and software.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively.
• High level of integrity and professionalism.
• Certification or willingness to pursue certification in a relevant professional organization, such as the Insurance Institute of America or the Casualty Actuarial Society.,