• Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
• Monitor and inspect workplace conditions to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Investigate and report on any workplace accidents or incidents.
• Provide training and guidance to staff on health and safety procedures.
• Establish and maintain relationships with relevant external organizations such as regulatory authorities.
• Keep up to date with changes in health and safety legislation and best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or a related field.
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Previous experience in a health and safety role.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification.
• Knowledge of risk management principles.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS).
• Experience with data analysis and reporting.