• Develop and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics within their field of expertise.
• Design, create, and implement course syllabi and curriculum.
• Evaluate and grade students' classwork, assignments, and papers.
• Guide students through independent research, mentor their academic progress, and supervise their scholarly activities.
• Participate in departmental and college activities such as serving on committees and participating in recruitment and retention activities.
• Contribute to the academic community by conducting high-quality research and publishing findings in reputable journals.
• Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
• Participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
• A Ph.D. or equivalent in the relevant field.
• Prior teaching experience at a tertiary level is beneficial.
• A strong record of academic and research accomplishments.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
• A commitment to fostering an inclusive educational environment and workplace.
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
• Familiarity with online teaching methods and distance learning is beneficial.
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with diverse groups of students and staff.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
• Proficiency in curriculum development and student assessment.
• Ability to incorporate innovative teaching methods and technologies into lessons.
• Strong research skills and the ability to secure research funding.
• Self-motivated with a strong desire for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically